BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tomorrow I am leaving for Sylhet district in North Bangladesh. I have been working on compiling, writing and designing a book of the 41 language groups dwelling in B'desh, and as part of the project I am traveling to several unreached ppl groups that we don't have pictures of yet. There are 6 in Sylhet district. I'm excited to go (you all know how i love to travel) but a little nervous about finding the different villages. I could be gone anywhere from 5-10 days, I really don't know how long it will take! :) It will be so refreshing to get out of crowded Dakha and back into the bush...

Sometimes i'm overwhelmed at the reality of my own finite humanity, i am incapable of solving the grievances and injustices around me.
I look at the boys i play soccer with, or the men i meet in their shops, and the thought that they live before the Father's wrath as much as we live before his love is hard, really hard. I question it. I am so thankful for the tough semester God brought me through this past spring, i'm not sure i could have borne the weight of some of these thoughts without his loving preparation.

There is a lot more I would like to say, but it will have to wait till I have more time to process and write it out. I hope your summers are going well and that God is continuing to guide and to comfort each of you. It's crazy to think that grace is the only thing that separates us...

miss you guys.


0 comments: